If you have just been in an auto accident, you are not alone. There are more than 2 million injuries per year from accidents with some of the most typical injuries including broken bones, concussions, sprains and whiplash. More serious injuries can occur leaving the victim with high cost medical bills, hospital stays and long term rehabilitation that can ruin you and your families life. Don’t take any chances on the severity of your injuries. If you have been in an accident, there are several immediate and important steps you should take.
- No sudden movements. Be very careful about how quickly you get up and move around. Serious trauma may have occurred.
- When you are up, have you or someone with you take pictures of the scene of the accident and any injuries that you or anyone with you obtained.
- Call the police
- Stay at the scene even if you think you are fine. You need the police report, it is a necessary legal document to protect you in getting the help and proper support you need if you have been in an accident.
- Obtain an attorney that specializes in injury care so you can be properly represented.
- Seek immediate medical attention. This is key because some injuries, such as whiplash, can take several days or longer to result in symptoms. Don’t guess with your health, get the immediate care even if your symptoms are not fully present.. When you seek proper injury medical attention, this early assessment will help to spot signs of trouble so you can be proactive and reduce your risk of long-term complications.
Too often the shock of the accident can send you whirling mentally, emotionally and physically. You have questions running through your mind from wondering who is going to take care of your medical care, your bills, how will this impact your work and your life? Now if you have to add on top of that knowing who is the right doctor that will document your case and provide the best care for you- things can get overwhelming.
At Injury Doc, we understand that an auto accident can impact every area of your life from work and family to your financial well-being. This is why it is important to not only seek the medical care you need but it is also important to obtain independent legal counsel after the accident.
The proper documented medical care paired with legal advice will ensure that you get the care you deserve and your questions answered so you can protect yourself and your family’s financial security while getting back your health.
The team at Injury Doc is here to help you get paired with the injury team you need, contact us today to get started.